Provide Web Access to Mission Critical Data and Applications Via the Internet.
OutsideView WEB™ gives you access to your legacy host green screens via web browser. You can centralize software management at the server, reduce software ownership costs and extend host access to a broader audience of users-EASILY. Available in NonStop-only or multi-host versions, your legacy applications can be up on the web and fully secure with just a quick installation.
Why Take It To The Web?
• Low Cost Management
- The Administrative WebStation, a self-contained web site, includes all the information and tools you need to set up and launch web-to-host sessions.
- Deployment Director guides you through the steps of configuring web-to-host sessions, generating web pages, and uploading the files to your web server.
- Point-and-Click Usage Metering tool makes it easy to monitor the number of users running OutsideView WEB sessions.
• Integrated Security
- Optional HTTPS Tunneling servlets offer end-to-end encryption with SSL or SSH2 support.
- Integrated Java client and proxy server, based on SSL/TLS industry standards, provides maximum data encryption and secure server authentication.
- Security Proxy Server Wizard walks you through the process of setting up secure connections on your server and automatically generates the required security certificates.
• High Performance Remote Access
- Component-based architecture enables downloading only needed features, resulting in smaller downloads and faster start-ups.
- Automatic applet caching means that terminal emulation components are stored locally and updated automatically, so you can connect faster.
- Hewlett-Packard NonStop 6530, with optional IBM 3270, IBM 5250, and VT 400 emulation, all in a single software solution.
• One Solution for Multiple Hosts
OutsideView WEB Specifications
|Emulation||Hewlett Packard NonStop 6530 with automatic switching between 6530 and Unix (OSS) sub modes||
Hewlett Packard NonStop 6530 with automatic switching between 6530 and Unix (OSS) sub modes
TN 3270, TN3270E
IND$FILE File Transfer
Models 3179, 3180, 3196, 3477, 3486, 3587, 5251, 5291
AS/400 data transfer
VT220, VT400, VT102, VT100, VT52
Column Support: 80 or 132
VT Logging and Controller Mode Printing
|133 MHz Pentium class CPU or better, 64 MB of RAM, Supported Browser|
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+
|Web Server Software/Platforms Supported||Any HTTP 1.0-compliant or higher web server
(e.g. Microsoft Internet Information Server)
|Security Support Requirements||
Security Proxy Server requires Java 1.3-compliant (or higher) virtual machine (VM) capable of running Java applications.
HTTPS Tunneling method requires an HTTPS capable web server and compatible web application server.
|Services and Support - Star Support|